I have had the opportunity to listen to many in our community. It’s been a really affirming experience
— we live in a wonderful part of Kingston.
But I’ve also heard concerns and challenges, and ideas of how we can make it even better.
Here is some of what I heard:
- The traffic on our street is too much. It’s too fast.
- Fix our roads, sidewalks, and walkways.
- Protect our stable neighbourhoods.
- Development should be mindful of our community.
- Support local Kingston and Portsmouth District businesses.
- Keep tax increases to a minimum.
- I love my neighbourhood. We live in a great district!
My commitment to you:
- Have more roads and sidewalks resurfaced. Work with the City to improve and maintain our walkways and paths.
- Implement traffic-calming measures and support Kingston’s Active Transportation Plan to reduce traffic and make roads safer for everyone.
- Protect the character of our communities. Work with City staff to ensure the new City- wide Zoning Bylaws will encourage responsible growth and infill without negatively affecting our stable neighbourhoods.
- Bridge the gap through dialogue between residents and potential developers while ensuring the community is actively involved in the approvals process for proposals involving historic Portsmouth Harbour, the Kingston Penitentiary, the Provincial Campus, and all large developments.
- Support our local businesses and attract new opportunities for economic development to increase the tax base and create jobs.
- Ensure our tax increases are affordable and our budgets responsible.
Please contact me with your suggestions.
As a councillor, I want to be actively engaged with our community.
It is the only way I can be YOUR VOICE ON CITY COUNCIL.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 343-333-7205